COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDS OF UP TO $1500 EACH
FOR STUDENTS WITH AN EXPRESSED OR DEMONSTRATED CAREER INTEREST IN THE PLASTICS INDUSTRY
SPE Cleveland Section
2914 Scheid Rd.
Huron, OH 44839
Entry must be POSTMARKED by April 15th, 2019
- Applicants must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- Seniors in good standing at a public or private high school
- Students in good standing at either a four-year/two-year technical program or Master’s/Doctorate Program.
- High school seniors must show acceptance at a two or four year college.
- Preference will be given to students who are members and/or whose parents are members of the Society of Plastics Engineers.
- Applicants must have local ties to the Northeast Ohio area.
- Applicants must have demonstrated or expressed interest in the plastics industry.
- Applicants must be majoring in or taking courses that would be beneficial to a career in the plastics industry. This would include but are not limited to plastics engineering, polymer science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, business administration.
- Financial need of applicant will be considered.
- Complete the application form.
- A high school or college transcript of grades.
- Two references. A high school or college instructor is recommended at minimum.
- A one to two page typed statement telling why the applicant is applying for the scholarship, the applicant’s qualifications, experience, and background with the plastics industry, and applicant’s educational and career goals.
Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the Society of Plastics Engineers Scholarship Committee. Scholarships are awarded only for one year, but may be rewarded annually for up to three additional years.